The Value of MWD Training
Measurement-while-drilling (MWD) training techniques are vital to the modern oil and gas industry. This process makes it possible to achieve the best results during traditional drilling operations or when extracting oil from shale deposits. MWD training is essential to ensure that your crew knows how to use this advanced equipment in the right way. Working with an established MWD rental company will provide you with the training and expertise you need to remain competitive in the industry.
The Basics of MWD Training
Companies that offer MWD training methods typically use a basic format for their curriculum. The training process usually includes the following steps:
- An overview of the tools and equipment used for MWD processes
- A thorough grounding in the principles of MWD and the ways in which it can be used in the field
- The exploration of surface sensors and the role they play during MWD
- Study of the applications used to control drill position and to decipher the data delivered by the instruments used in MWD processing
- Interpretation of data that is received from MWD equipment, including temperature, pressure, inclination, azimuth and other vital information
- Hands-on experience with drilling equipment and MWD tools that will provide your team with added confidence in real-world applications
The course will typically be tailored to the specific needs of your company and your team members. It may include classroom instruction as well as demonstrations of the equipment in the field to promote fast learning and the best outcomes for your educational project.
Putting Your MWD Equipment to Work
Once your MWD training program is complete, it is time to begin the implementation process on your drill sites. An MWD technical support company will allow your team to ask for help when they need it. Your local MWD company has the experience to provide your team with the guidance they need to make the most effective use of their new equipment. This can result in greater productivity for your drilling site and increased value for your entire operation.
At MWD Supply, we offer MWD kits for sale or rental as well as the training your team needs to put these tools to the best use in the field. Our team will work with you throughout the process to ensure that you receive the right solutions for your needs and your staff. Give us a call today at 281-664-0196 to get a quote or to ask about our lineup of products and services. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.